Thursday, December 8, 2011

I owe you this one - Caper Dill Remoulade

I feel kind of bad that I have left you all hanging on a few recipes. I know I owe you a cheesecake recipe and I am sure there are more but today I am going to give you my caper remoulade recipe. I use this in place of tarter sauce. It makes everything taste better! I had a similar sauce at a local restaurant with a fish and chips order and it was all I could do not to just stick my spoon in the little ramekin and eat it up! It was so delicious. So, I came home and played around with things a bit and came up with my own. I love it and it is perfect with the marinated shrimp cocktail, fish sticks, baked salmon, crab cakes, anything! It is so much better than the creamy flavorless white stuff you buy. I love the salty dill taste and the bit of heat.

1 cup of good mayonnaise (I prefer Duke's)
2 Tbsp capers chopped
8 dill pickle hamburger chip slices minced  plus 1 Tsp pickle juice
1/2 Tbsp dried dill (or fresh)
4 dashes of Louisiana or Texas Pete hot sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper

Stir all together in a bowl. If time permits, allow it to sit overnight in the fridge for the flavors to marry. This will keep up to 5 days in the fridge.

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment