Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Next Level - Garlicky Sausage Balls

Tis' the season to make sausage balls. The good old stand by that seems to be present at every holiday gathering. My sister recently made these for breakfast and I loved that idea. I mean, we like sausage so why not? It has all of the breakfast staples in it, right? Well, I made some today with a bit of tweaking and am in love. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. They are perfect for a bit size pick me up!

1 package of Bisquick garlic cheese biscuit mix
1 lb jimmy dean mild sausage- uncooked
1 8oz container of cream cheese softened
4 oz of sharp cheddar freshly grated
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried thyme

Line a cookie sheet with foil and preheat your oven to 400. Combine all in a bowl...it is typically best to do this with your hands. Form little walnut size balls and place on the cookie sheet, about two inches apart. Bake for around 20 minutes until balls are lightly golden brown on top. Allow to cool (if you can wait!) before eating.

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment