Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What's up Doc? - Orange Glazed Carrots

Glazed carrots have never had a good place in my mind. I don't know why. I don't know if it is from cafeteria days or what but I never really liked them. I typically like most things carrot and it is one veggie that my oldest son will eat without a fight. Glazed carrots are lovely and when given the right partners they can make for a killer side dish. I love them with pork dishes and with a good grilled chicken breast. These are simple and I always have the stuff on hand for them. Next time you are needing something beautiful and simple, cook up a batch of these. These would be the perfect side with a holiday ham.

Orange glazed carrots

1 2lb bag of petite baby carrots (you can easily peel and chop your own but we are going for quick and easy here!)

Place carrots in a heavy pan with a lid and cover with just enough water to submerge the carrots. Allow this to come to a boil, turn the heat down and cover. Allow them to gently boil for 10 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
In the same pot on medium low heat, to the drained carrots add the following:

2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup apricot jelly
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary

Toss the carrots in the mixture and allow them to gently cook for 10 more minutes. If they seem to be dry add a splash of water.

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment