Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Chicken - Peanut Chicken Casserole

I am always up for a chicken casserole recipe. I don't know if I have met too many casseroles that I didn't like. When I came home from the hospital with my first son a friend of mine brought me this chicken casserole. I loved it. I had never had anything like it before and begged her for the recipe. She is not a cook herself so she laughed and laughed that I loved it so much since she didn't think it was anything special. But it was, and it still is. I know this may not seem like anything out of the ordinary for a chicken casserole but I am telling you, it is. If you don't have the things to make this today, then go to the store today. Your family will love this. I know it doesn't exactly fit into the healthy casserole box, but what casserole does? This is perfect with a big spinach salad with my house dressing. You will love this recipe. So, this one is for you, my dear friend named after the paper craft. Never underestimate your amazing cooking skills girlfriend!

Peanut Chicken Casserole
4 cups roasted or rotisserie shredded or cubed chicken
1 box of Uncle Ben's wild rice
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tsp parsley flakes (I never put this in it so you don't need to stress about this one)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/3  c chopped peanuts

Cook the rice according to the package directions. In a small saucepan on medium low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and peanuts. Stir and cook until sugar has dissolved. around 7 minutes. Mix softened cream cheese, mustard and parsley. Stir in cooked chicken. In a a 9x9 dish, spread out the rice then spread the cream cheese mixture on top. Drizzle the brown sugar mixture on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment