Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cha Cha Chicken

You know that I am a born again Southern girl and because of that I am able to quote Steel Magnolias any time I please. It is probably the most quotable movie in the whole world in my opinion with phrases like, "take a whack of...", "nothing like a good piece of ...", and "looks like two pig's fightin' under a blanket". The title for this post is directly taken from the movie as well because this chicken is just "too cha cha for words".
Growing up my dad LOVED French's fried onions and he still does to this day. He adds them to all sorts of crazy things including this homemade sacred chex mix (which we were all against). I never really buy fried onions but I was able to get some for super cheap one day at the store so I decided to use those babies on some chicken breasts. I am always looking for a new spin on chicken, and I have coated chicken with everything from tortilla chips to Captain Crunch so fried onions seemed to be a natural fit. The key to this dish is to get the chicken flavored really well because the onions don't add a whole lot of flavor, other than fried onion. These were super simple to throw together and you just bake them until they are"warm and bubbly".

Cha Cha Chicken

4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts patted dry with a paper towel
1 can French's fried onions smashed in a bowl
1/2 cup good mayonaise
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
2-3 dashes hot sauce

In a small bowl combine the mayonaise and the next 6 ingredients. Spray a casserole pan with cooking spray.
Dollop your mayo mixture evenly on top of each chicken breast and spread it on the top to make an even coating.
Next, turn your mayo coated chicken and smash it into the onions to get a good coating, one piece at a time. Place the chicken on your pan and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until the onions are golden.


Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment